L2Toggle v2

Balerion
Site Admin

L2Toggle v2

Post by Balerion » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:56 pm

Hello followers! We would like to take a moment and inform You about what we have been up to and where are we heading.

So for the past few weeks, we have been working on bug fixes and improvements, and prepare for season 2. But while working on files and doing more research, we came to a conclusion - current server package is not very optimal for a low rate server like ours, especially because some of the source comes precompiled (to protect their assets). So we pivoted our focus toward looking for a different revision. That took a while… Even considered investing into PTS files :D What we finally decided to do is to go with an open source project, so we would have all the freedom to add or remove custom modules and save money for hosting and ads.

In other news - we are actively discussing server specifications and rates. Currently, we are thinking and liking idea going with the more retail-like approach - x1-ish, small GM shop, no NPC buffer and etc. Of course, this is still java server, so let’s be realistic - it will take a lot of work to make it at least resemble retail behavior.

What does this mean? Well, first of all, we would like Your feedback on our server vision shift. Please let us know either by PMing me, on this thread or on discord. Also, sometime next week (or the week after that) a ‘second’ server will pop-up, that will be the L2Toggle v2 Open Alpha test server. I’m deliberately not saying Beta, because most likely there will be still a lot of work to be done and we will not advertise it on forums and etc. After a month or so in Alpha stages, hopefully, we will be ready for a Beta Test and Toggle v2 start date announcement. I will make a separate post when Alpha is open for testers to see what is what.

So, we are not dead, we just didn’t want to start spreading rumors, before we have something considerable to talk about :) I hope You haven’t given up on, because we definitely haven’t given up either.

P.S. All Donate Coins will be transferred over to L2Toggle v2, and we are giving them out to people for guides/tutorials/script shares and so on.