Olympiad proposal

Balerion
Site Admin

Olympiad proposal

Post by Balerion » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:37 pm

Hello there,

Due to recent olympiad mess, there has been a lot of opinions and suggestions flying around, and I want to put them in a proposal. This would be a great time to voice Your point of view and not after we implement it.

Our current view at olympiad is pretty casual - box, bot, feed, do whatever. The proposed vision would be a lot more hardcore and would make obtaining hero status way more laborious (more mentally rewarding).

Proposed changes:
- 1) No boxes in olympiad. 1 char / IP.
- 2) No feeding. Video proof would get both chars points set to 1.
- 3) Reduce minimum requirements to start a wave of 4 players class and non-class based games.
- 4) Increase olympiad registration time, so that US time zones would get an opportunity to participate.
- 5) Increase required fights to calculate points to 20 matches.

Also, we need to define what is feeding. Can You run a script to try to win matches? Can You AFK farm olympiad? Where do You want to draw the line?

Please let us know what You think, preferably in here, so nothing will be lost between in-game chat and us :)

DarkAngel

Re: Olympiad proposal

Post by DarkAngel » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:58 pm

1) Yes ofc
2) Yes ofc
3)Sounds ok
4)Oly games last 6h always! From 18:00 till 00:00 server's time so plz stick with!!!
5)There is no reason to change it from retail H5 "15" .

Mantosh

Post by Mantosh » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:32 pm

1) Ok
2) Ok
3) Ok
4) Yes, please! Then we could get some oly time not just in the middle of a day on Weekends, which means dedicate a day for oly...
5) Ok, if increased time frame. If You leave retail time, then keep 10 fights.

Feed - intentionally giving up. Maybe boting is ok, but not afk farming.
Get A Life

Mantosh

Post by Mantosh » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:33 pm

DarkAngel wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:58 pm
1) Yes ofc
2) Yes ofc
3)Sounds ok
4)Oly games last 6h always! From 18:00 till 00:00 server's time so plz stick with!!!
5)There is no reason to change it from retail H5 "15" .
Re 4). Hey! I want to play oly too :D And I know more guys from NA/SA who probably feel the same way.
Get A Life

DarkAngel

Post by DarkAngel » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:50 pm

6h / day oly is more than enough !!! Ofc you can suggest other timeline instead of 18:00 to 00:00 server's time, for example 20:00 to 02:00 server's time.

About games required is kinda stupid discussing it cause if you count 15 days oly period x 6h/day = 90h to play the "retail" 15 games.

I don't want to be the "bad" guy here.I am just trying to suggest as much as "normal" L2 it can be.
For that reason I suggest 6h oly /day and 15 games required. But discuss with admin if he is able to change the timeline a bit so it can work for all.

P.S. Having oly games for many hours on daily causes more troubles than it fixes.

Mantosh

Post by Mantosh » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:05 pm

DarkAngel wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:50 pm
6h / day oly is more than enough !!! Ofc you can suggest other timeline instead of 18:00 to 00:00 server's time, for example 20:00 to 02:00 server's time.

About games required is kinda stupid discussing it cause if you count 15 days oly period x 6h/day = 90h to play the "retail" 15 games.

I don't want to be the "bad" guy here.I am just trying to suggest as much as "normal" L2 it can be.
For that reason I suggest 6h oly /day and 15 games required. But discuss with admin if he is able to change the timeline a bit so it can work for all.

P.S. Having oly games for many hours on daily causes more troubles than it fixes.
Not saying You're a baddy , we are discussing a topic, that's all.

If You'd look from 'other side of Atlantic Ocean' point of You, in two weeks you get 5 x 0hrs (job) + 2 x 6h (in the prime family time) + 5 x 0hrs (job) + 2 x 6h (again with bad timing). I know it's MY choice to not dedicate a day to oly, but I think everyone can relate to that.

On the other hand, oly between 8PM to 2AM server time would be manageable on east coast. If EU guys are ok to 'lose' two hours of course.

Regarding fights, 10-15-20-50, doesn't bother me as long as everyone gets a decent chance to get in.

And for problems, I don't see a difference vs shifting hours. It's EU who's loosing time = more action for NA/SA. Not that I said that, I would prefer time shift vs. increasing time frame.
Get A Life

Balerion
Site Admin

Post by Balerion » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:52 pm

I want to post additional (summed up) opinions from global chat discussion.

Trigger from ATC: Limiting boxing will kill olympiad, because of low server population.
HoloCaustGR from GetALife: Quality over quantity, better few good matches, then a lot vs. boxes.

I am locking the discussion and will post final decision a little later.

Thanks for Your input guys!